Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Get your craft on....

So here's the deal...I've already admitted I'm a bit craft-handicapped, and not especially artistically inclined. However, something about this boy child inside of me has propelled me towards my glue gun and sewing machine in ways beyond comprehension.

It is almost as if I can't sleep without making SOMETHING with my hands 
Every. 
Single. 
Day.
Totally weird. 
My Love says the "craft devil" has gotten hold of me. I would partially agree.

Something amazing has happened with this Boy Bean of mine...he has given me skills towards positive craft experiences! I have now sewn...4 1/2 projects - successfully!! - ...and made a wreath that I am not embarrassed to hang on our front door.

See?


Not only THAT....I suddenly can take pseudo-artistic photos! Go me!

Now, I am not the genius who came up with this super-easy-totally-cheap-yet-looks-pretty-decent-wreath....that honor I will have to give to Dana over at MADE.

Since yesterday's post was super long...and introspective...I figured something light could work today. I have been desperately wanting to create magic in my home decor....my culinary inventions....my Jumping Bean's school lessons....but I find once I plant my bum at the end of the day - I'm done.
So the home decor is happening primarily because I CAN plant my bum and do it! 

And you have a happy woman. 
Copyright 2010

4 comments:

  1. Did you use beans? How fitting! I love it. You make one and change the ribbon out (color) for every season. Door decor - done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep! I used Lima Beans....contemplated Navy beans...but I just liked this look better. :) and YES I fully intend to just change the ribbon....super cheap door decor done! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love, love, love it! Super gal!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your thoughts and encouragement!