Wednesday, October 27, 2010

How do you know......

You are an utterly exhausted mommy?

You fall asleep on the couch for 30 minutes while all children are WIDE awake.

Yep.

Apparently the freak-of-nature-heat-wave we experienced today just sucked all my energy out. And replaced it with massive amounts of swelling in my legs. Fun times.

So, in an attempt to relocate my ankle bones...I settled into "the spot" on the couch...propped my feet up on pillows....called all beans to surround me....and proceeded with story time. After story time (which involved Robin Hood being read for the nine-millionth time this month, among other stories) the Beans climbed down....and I rested my eyes.

For 30 minutes. 

Really.

I completely passed out!

How do I know this? Because when I woke up...I was covered from head to toe in toys. And stuffed animals. The Beans had been playing Doctor to Mommy...and I just slept through it!! I had Jumping Bean in my face listening to my heart with her pretend stethoscope...and String Bean at my feet counting my toes and making sure all was where it belonged.

What a way to wake up! 

I just can't believe that no one injured themselves...or decided that was the perfect time to raid the stash of Hershey kisses in the freezer! 

Copyright 2010