Monday, March 7, 2011

Fun Times...

So, SuperMOM, I am not.

Because Wednesday night....around 3:30am....I wanted to break down crying.

What caused this eruption of emotion?

Puke.

I was puked on....for the second time.....in one hour.

I am not cut out for anything medically related - but God has a sense of humor and still allows me to experience other people's bodily fluids exploding all over me.

Poor Jumping Bean woke up at 2am throwing up....well, she was technically still asleep...but I heard her hacking and went running into her room.  When I saw the puke, I did what any sane-mama would do....I scooped her up and ran into the NOT-carpeted bathroom.  And started making very loud I'm-totally-grossed-out noises.  Thankfully, that woke up My Love.

Poor man.

While I stripped and bathed Jumping Bean to get the food particles out of her hair.....he stripped the bed.
We were hopeful - oh-so-hopeful - that it was a one-time thing.

We were wrong.

So Jumping Bean and I got to hang out in the living room, watch Little Einsteins, snuggle under the blankets, and I got to periodically catch puke in a bucket and then run her to the bathroom for the extra treat from this particular-brand-of-flu.

Super fun.

Not.

(Yeah - I went there. I'm so-totally-90's.)

The were two super-aewsome moments that happened though it all.....

1. Boy Bean decided to be hungry and wanted to nurse for an hour of the double-whammy-every-20-minutes with Jumping Bean.  Brings Multi-tasking to a whole new level.

2.  At one point...moments after throwing up....I brought a wet rag to wipe my little Jumping Bean's face.  She looked up at me with those big blue eyes and said, "Mommy, this is best treat ever. I love getting to have special time with you."

That's how you know you have more than one child....they are HAPPY to be sick in the middle of the night because they get a  parent all to themselves!

(For the record, none of the pictures were taken during the illness. Not like you thought they were!)

Copyright 2011

1 comment:

  1. poor thing!! Hope she feels better soon and you get some rest today!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your thoughts and encouragement!