Wednesday, March 23, 2011

And the Thank You goes too....

Toy Story. 
Or Pixar. 
But mainly Toy Story 2 and 3.

Please tell me I am not the only mommy in the world who has used TV/Movies to help her cope through a day.  Because with the addition of Boy Bean - I don't know what I would have done without Toy Story.
Or The Incredibles.
Or Tinkerbell.
Or Thumbelina.
Or Horton Hears A Who.
Or The Sound of Music.

We don't have Cable/TV....so Movies are it.....we are old school like that.

Anyway.

I wish I could write a personal thank-you-note to the people at Pixar (in general) and Tom Hanks, Tim Allen, and Joan Cusack, in particular.  So, instead of writing it to them directly....and wasting a stamp on mail they would throw out anyway.....I'm gonna write my thank you here.

If any of you know them, could you just pass on the link?  Thanks.

Dear People-who-have-helped-me-hang-on-to-a-shred-of-my-sanity,


Thank you. 


Thank you for making the following movies where excellent character is celebrated. Movies where persistence and loyalty are modeled by the heroes.  Movies where the heroes make mistakes - but always choose right in the end.  Movies I don't mind my young children quoting. 


Constantly.

When it comes to Toy Story - I have to thank you for making a movie that encourages my children in their imaginative play. For helping my quiet-pensive-Bitty-Bean add a word to her (small) vocabulary....she now says Woody.  Unfortunately, it applies to Woody....and Jesse....but it is still verbal progress. 


When it comes to The Incredibles - thank you for making a movie that perfectly illustrates the struggles of:
Mamas to stretch in all the ways they are pulled,
Daddies to have the strength to carry the family,
Girls to find and protect their Identity,
Boys to find their place where they excel,
And of families fighting to stay together.


Thank you for creating movies that our entire family enjoys watching together.  And then laughing about later. 


Thank you for the very cheap babysitting you have provided. 


Please accept this "thank you" as payment. Sorry it isn't more...maybe we could meet sometime and discuss a better retribution. ;)

Sincerely,


Whitney 
Keeper-of-the-Bean-Pod


 Copyright 2011

2 comments:

  1. love it! :) I'm right there with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be sure and tell Tom next time I see him!!!
    PS Totally agree with all of the above!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your thoughts and encouragement!