Monday, April 2, 2012

Race cars and happy hearts.....

Last week we had our Awana Grand Prix, which was a BLAST!

Sorry I'm behind. That's how life goes sometimes

String Bean wanted a Shark with a wide open mouth....painted in a "mean-looking way."




Jumping Bean wanted a "Rainbow dolphin with a cloud on its bum."




These girls are not short on creativity!!

They thoroughly enjoyed the process of getting the cars ready - and the event itself.

String Bean ended up not winning, but was a good sport cheering her friends on. Jumping Bean managed to win 3rd in style, and 2nd in speed! She thought that was especially cool, because the Cubbies got to pick prizes instead of receive trophies.

And the other excellent and wonderful and marvelous thing that happened last week....was that Jumping Bean asked Jesus into her heart!


My little munchkin came downstairs and said,
"Mommy, I'm a naughty girl, but Jesus loves me anyway. I don't want to be naughty. So I told Jesus I'm sorry for all the naughty things I've done and asked him to forgive me and I want to be His girl and have him live in my heart so I can be more like him!"

I cried.


And then, 2 days later when she said, "Uh oh. I'm about to feel naughty. Let's talk to Jesus!"


I laughed.

Hard.

:)

 ~Whitney

Copyright 2011

2 comments:

  1. I love these pictures, especially Lena's award picture. Who is that bald guy in the background? He just looks in charge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I Love this post!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your thoughts and encouragement!