Thursday, December 23, 2010

Time for my Tent!

Okay, I'm just gonna say up front - very clearly - there will be NO  pictures accompanying this post. 
ON PURPOSE. No one wants to see documentation of what I am about to discuss....or at least no one SHOULD want to see documentation!

I am officially at a phase of pregnancy I strongly dislike. Not because my stomach is so large I have to completely wake up in the middle of the night if I want to roll over. Not because I get winded by putting socks on. Not even because I can't fit in a booth anywhere. And definitely NOT because of the constant movement my Boy Bean generates.

It feels like I am housing Ty Pennington! Seriously - I think the Boy is renovating my insides to make it more man-appropriate.

Nope.

Not a single one of those things do I consider the most annoying/frustrating facet of late-pregnancy.

It is the underwear. 

Now, I am almost a mother of four....I'm not really one for itsy-bitsy-floss-undergarments. (Not going into detail on what I am though!)  But these things that I am stuck wearing now.....these pieces of fabric that seem to unfurl from my underwear drawer. . . they are just ridiculous! Seriously.

If we ever had a fire, I am certain my Beans could parachute from the second floor - safely - by using my maternity underwear as parachutes. 

Kinda puts a damper on somehow keeping the spark.....when you put such a large item on.....and then you can't see any of it.  Not a bit.

So, to all of you ladies out there who can actually twist to see your derriere, or can actually look down to get a visual on the location of your waistband....I am jealous. I look forward to rejoining your ranks soon. Until then.....I need to go make sure the washing machine is balanced for my delicates load.  

Copyright 2010

4 comments:

  1. Ha!!! Whit, I'm sure it's not THAT bad! Please know that I was a crying mess watching the reunion with your "heart." Words can't describe the joy i felt for your family. I got some good pics. too! Hope you are having a wonderful time together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WHOO-HOOO....busting a gut over here!!! Got a visual of the girls parachuting out the window hanging on to the "pregnant" underwear!!! One more month!!! Normal underwear shall resume soon!! Thanks for starting my day off with a chuckle or really more like a belly laugh!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So funny! Loved the parachute comment! Question on another's comment: Did you post a video of your Heart's homecoming???

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was quite funny! I enjoyed it very much! Good job!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your thoughts and encouragement!