Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Psycho

I love being Mama.


LOVE it.

But.

This last week, I would have really, really, really liked to have a substitute. A stand-in. A wife-of-my-own.

I've had my fill cleaning up bodily fluids....all 5 of us had the flu. It was awful. TERRIBLE.
I'm tired of comforting someone else while concentrating to re-lift my eye-lids.
I'm tired of waking up every 30 minutes dealing with someone's nightmares.
I'm tired.
Really, REALLY tired.

And I'm tired of laundry.
24 loads in one week...and one still on deck.
(For some strange reason, I thought it would be interesting to keep a running tally of how much laundry I had to do when the flu hit our house. The jury is out on if this was encouraging or demoralizing.)


In fact, I'm so very tired of laundry....that I might have gone slightly psycho today.

My Bitty Bean - whom I love, even though she is still allergic to pooping in the toilet - fell asleep in the car on the way to piano lessons.


After String Bean raced inside, and Jumping Bean unbuckled, and I unloaded Boy Bean (who had to be carried because his shoes were miraculously eaten by the Swagger Wagon), I went out to wake the sleeping munchkin.

She had an accident.
All over her princess dress.
All over her car seat.
Into her brand new running shoes.

I didn't have a spare outfit, or shirt, or anything.
No panties.
NOTHING.

So with 3 wipes and a too-small-diaper stolen from her brother, I cleaned her up and covered her business.  But it was chilly tonight - she got pee on her jacket - I couldn't just let her go naked!

Typically, at least one of the girls is wearing numerous layers and could spare some article of clothing; not this time.  I was wearing my basic workout pants and top...although they were not worked out in today. (gotta stay honest)

I gave her my shirt. She thought that was the funniest thing EVER.

Then I zipped my fleece up to the very top. 

As I was placing Bitty Bean's soaking wet things in a bag, I just started crying.
I honestly don't really know why.
It could be because I'm tired.
Or because I didn't want to have to go home and do dinner and clean up and homework and bed time. Or maybe because I feel extremely behind schedule because of when the flu hit.

But no, I am pretty sure I was crying because I didn't want to do any more laundry.

I had spent most of my day rescuing the house from our illness...but when we returned it was still a wreck.

Dishes.


Laundry.



And one very industrious 5 year old who thought decorating the kid table with a pencil was a good idea.


We danced through dinner. (A complete cop-out for me, I made pancakes.)
Then we all snuggled down in blankets on the floor and watched Rudolph the Red-nosed Reindeer as dictated by our Advent Calendar/shoe box.


And you know what?

I love being Mama.

LOVE IT.  :)




~Whitney Copyright 2012

6 comments:

  1. I think being a parent gives us such insight to God's love for us. We still love our kids like crazy even when they keep us up, make us clean up, and embarrass us in public. In the same way God still loves us even when we are unlovable and so naughty that He had to send Jesus to clean up our messes. I love that parallel.

    And I love you dear Whitney. I'll watch your kiddos sometime soon so you can rest <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, I love how you declare those pics to indicate that your house is a wreck. If my table looks like that, I'm considering it a pretty neat and tidy day! Lol. Hope you're all better soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. those were pictures of the kitchen counters....after I'd already been cleaning the kitchen for 30 minutes! :)

      Delete
  3. Oh, Whit. I love your honesty and humor. You are an inspiration for many young moms.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not sure why but this blog is loading extremely slow
    for me. Is anyone else having this issue or is it a problem on my end?
    I'll check back later and see if the problem still exists.


    my site ... krzem organiczny

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your thoughts and encouragement!