Wednesday, May 9, 2012

What's growing Wednesday!

I know I may be the only person in the entire world who enjoys these posts. But I like tracking the progress of my little plants, so I'm going to keep it up!


This past week had me thinking about growing....growing up, growing old, growing in unseen ways.


I turned 30. Which is not old. At all. 



Well, maybe a little bit.

 As a good friend put it: 
"I'm now old enough to be wise - but not old enough to be old."


I hope that is the case.  I hope that in the past 10 years I've implemented some of the lessons I've learned....

Lessons about life and love and plans and patience and difficulty and ease.


Lessons that were hard to learn. But worth every single uncomfortable second.


There have been moments that were hard because they actually were.  Other moments were hard because I refused to see the beauty in the difficulty. And some moments that were hard didn't even feel difficult at the time.


30 years. At 15, it sounded like soooo many years.  But sitting here, wearing 30 years, it isn't.

I'm thankful to be here.




Hopefully my next 30 will find me continuing to grow toward the Son, toward my family, toward the tasks that I am supposed to be doing. 

I'm sure there will be hard times ahead - but few things grow their very best if they are not pruned. 

(Except weeds. And I really don't want to be something that everyone would like to be rid of!)


Here's to aging!

~Whitney

 Copyright 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your thoughts and encouragement!