Or pregnancy brain. Or losing my memory. Or whatever-you-want-to-call-it. I am losing my mind!!!
***All of the things listed below ACTUALLY happened. To ME. THIS pregnancy. In a TWO WEEK PERIOD. Thought that should be made clear....please don't call social services.***
1. Today, while brushing String Bean's hair....I had to ask her THREE separate times how she wanted it done. Apparently, her simple answer...Pony tail, please....was just too many words for me to keep in my head.
2. I completely forgot to buckle Jumping Bean's seat belt. Thankfully, she reminded me within a block of leaving the house - so I just pulled over and fixed it. BUT...as I was getting out of the car...I had to freeze and try to remember why I had stopped.
3. I can't remember how to get to places I've been already. Not random places like a person's house I've only been to one time...oh no. I had to use Google maps to remember how to get from my house....to the Doctor's office. Seriously.
4. I can't remember what Boy bean doesn't like for me to eat. Case in point - last week I spent quality time with the toilet up-chucking all food consumed in the day...because I forgot he is NOT okay with BBQ sauce. Oops. My bad.
5. I call people and have absolutely no idea why.
6. I call people and between the time I hit "send" and they pick up the phone...I can't remember who I called.
How can I possibly be safe to drive at this point??? Or care for other humans??? It is a wonder I haven't left them anywhere.
7. I went to the OB Doctor recently for blood work....and completely FORGOT to give them a sample. I went to the bathroom - that is always a certainty - just forgot to leave them a souvenir. And how many OB appointments have I had???
8. I can be standing in the kitchen...with a cup in one hand and the apple juice in the other...and still not remember what I was doing.
9. I took String Bean's homework out of her book bag to check it (she had put it away in the correct spot!) and then completely forgot to put it back! After dropping her off at school, the rest of us came home and I was greeted by THREE items I was supposed to remember to take! duh.
10. The only perk about not having any memory??? In the morning I have ABSOLUTELY no idea how many times I woke up in the night!